Loading...
 
Print

Fishburn 1788

The First Fleet Stores Ships – The Fishburn

The Fishburn was built as a storeship at Whitby in 1780. It had a burthen of 378 tons and was 94 deet in length with a breadth at it's widest point of 26 feet. It departed Port Jackson on 19 November 1788 in company with the Golden Grove until 11 April 1789 when she had to lay anchor at the Falklands for several days while a number of sick crew members recovered their health. The Fishburn arrived back in England and was discharged from HM's service at Deptford on 25 May 1789. The Fishburn disappears from the records after this time so her eventual fate is unknown.

The Fishburn carried no convicts. The following four people have been identified as arriving on the Fishburn.

ENTRY NAME STATUS
8526 Armstrong, Archibald 2nd Mate
1482 Brown, Robert Ship's Master
1483 Dane, George Seaman
1484 Robinson, Andrew Ship's Cook

This information has been prepared from multiple sources included the AJCP microfilms of Convict Indents and NSW Early Church Records. As with any work of this nature errors of omission or commission may be present. Information contained on this site is believed to be accurate at the time of publication. Whilst every care has been taken to ensure the information is accurate, it is recommended that you confirm the information on these pages by checking it against primary source material. We cannot be held liable for any error or omission in this publication or for damages arising from its supply, performance or use and make no warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied in relation to this publication.

© 2008 Ozgenie Research


Created by ozgenie1105 points . Last Modification: Thursday 11 of March, 2010 15:17:20 AEDT by ozgenie1105 points .

Google Search

 
www.historyaustralia.org.au
WWW